Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Marriage: The 20 commandments..............................!!



Never married, but am happy to get hitched..






Marriage, for me, is a drive along the highway with some surprise hairpin bends and many wrong turns..It is a drive in which I pay for the petrol and she drives the car..Both are necessary..Woman’s lib and feminism make it increasingly difficult to reduce ‘happily married’ to a successful formula..What works for me may not work for you..But here is my list of all that I expect from my woman:
  •     Only straight women please..I agree that tastes vary but I am not interested in experimental stuff..
  •     I am also not interested in a 2100 sq feet house!  I would be perfectly happy even if we have a small home full of fond memories..
  •     Properly dressed is always ‘in’, but I would prefer her to at times even wear pink tops with purple buttons..
  •     I will call her mother ‘mom’ only when I am comfortable with it because there is no point saying it and not meaning it..
  •     I would prefer to live separately from both our parents but will prefer proximity to both of their houses..Living with them might be difficult, but it’s even more difficult living without them..
  •     We would require to eat at least one meal with the full family because ‘the family that eats together stays together’..
  •     If her brother or cousin likes something I have, I’ll buy it for him/her; but he/she won’t be getting my books, food, clothes, watches, shoes.............
  •     She mustn’t get fussy if I get a little crazy from time to time..
  •     If she is married to the television she shouldn’t expect me to take care of her..Instead ask the TV..
  •     Don’t expect me to follow every ritual..It’s not certain that she’ll live a 100 years, even if I do all the poojas..
  •     She mustn’t get angry if I drag her to cinema halls to see new releases..Instead she herself must too be a movie buff..
  •     She mustn’t compare me to her family..They are unique and so am I..
  •     Just as her parents are important to her, so are mine to me..
  •     I don’t mind helping her at the household chores, provided she is willing to chip in too..
  •     I would occasionally like to have fun with friends, no questions asked..Similarly she can have her girls nit out with no questions asked by me..
  •     We can argue and even swear, but it’s important that to sit and talk afterwards..
  •     I’m not the DINK (Double Income No Kids) type..I don’t mind kids at all..But there should be no pressure to have children..I should be allowed to have a say as to when we should have kids..
  •     I am happy to go on one vacation every year and I won’t mind if she asks her parents or mine to accompany..Or we could go alone..That possibility is always there..
  •     We must share all the expenses..Except on her/my birthday..On our anniversary, both of us go Dutch..
  •     If there is respect, loyalty, honesty, trust and the most important word ‘adjust’, rather than ‘compromise’ love will never die........!

Jaishree Ram,
Prats..

No comments:

Post a Comment