Monday, December 26, 2011

New Guy in the City..!


I’m out..Finally am out..I am out of Chennai..Wait wait wait..Dont get the slightest feeling that I am unhappy about my 4 and a half year stay in the city but I am happy that I am out of Chennai for a better and bigger city..The Maximum City—Mumbai..
As the train entered the Chennai central station on the 2nd of June 2007 I saw the clock and it was sharp ticking 3:45 am..I hated the fact that the train made me wake up for the better part of the night so that I won’t miss my stop of the southern metro..The feeling was good to be able to stay in Chennai but this time when the similar incident happened it bettered the one from 2007..It was the 6th of December and I was getting down at Thane station (a Mumbai local station) and the as I checked the clock it was ticking 3:45 am..I seem to have a weird fascination about this dot of time in the devil’s hour..
I took a local train and went to Nerul station (another Mumbai local station) where an acquaintance (from college) of mine resided..I was about to stay at his house for a couple of days and then search for a place for my own self to live..It was on this very day that I was going to meet him for the first time and even stay at his place..Rahul Yadav..To better my expectation he had an ostentatious flat which was very very very luxurious and as his flat-mate had gone for a month or so to Delhi so I was heartily welcome there..Rahul’s contact was given to me by a mutual friend of ours, Anuj Vishwakarma..Thanks to him as well for introducing such a good friend as Rahul to my life..He is undoubtedly my first friend in this maximum city..His flat had a very beautiful view of the sea all around and the Palm Beach road was just a stone’s throw away from his place..The view from his balcony was splendid..
On 13th I shifted over to my new abode..A PG (Paying Guest) facility at Mahim..I love staying here as the place is exactly in the heart of the city..My room has a view of the sea face..I am on the 7th floor of the building which makes it even more exciting..The lift is a bit cramped into but I am happy to use the stairs..The rest is bearable and the place is better than what I had expected with facilities more than I had imagined..The number of people staying in the flat is more but, considering them all being really good and helpful, it’s worth it..
My long drawn wish has finally come true and now I am staying in the city of my dreams—Mumbai..I had heard a lot about the bad things in this city but I have not faced anything bad as of yet and I hope I never do face anything bad..The city is very beautiful and people are also good..I want to make friends asap here and want to get a job or an internship here..Am trying hard and I hope I’ll crack it through..I am doing a photography course here at the National Institute of Photography and would want to continue over with a filmmaking course from some reputed college..
My long overdue wish is coming true and I hope all pans out exactly the way I have envisioned in my mind..People can say whatever they want but this city is really beautiful..The dreaded local trains are also not that very difficult to get in and get out..You just need to be smart and careful..After all they are the best means of transport available in Mumbai..You may take the cabs or the auto or the call-taxi’s but trains are the fastest ones to make you reach your destination and for all reasons they are far better than being stuck in the traffic for hours..
So now from Namma Chennai its Aamchi Mumbai!!


Jaishree Ram,
Prats..

1 comment: