Monday, October 18, 2010

Procrastination.!!

What does procrastination mean??Is it the stereotypical meaning of laziness??And this word, “procrastinate” has been derogatory and insulting from my early childhood..It has always been applied to me, a proud member of the newest generation of the world, by my mom..I have been hearing many comment’s from older folks that, “the youth now-a-days are so lazy; you wait till the last minute to do anything.”..But as Dennis Sell comments in the youth’s defence, “It isn’t procrastination if you intend to do it.”..I hope that this doesn’t become a question on the future resume..“Do you procrastinate, please check yes or no.”..A wonderful lot of people would be out of the job; very talented people that just have a time trying to become “perfect.”..Procrastination is a way of life and a person has to be good at it to play the “lazy” game..
What does procrastination really mean??I’ve adopted a quote that now guides my everyday life; “My work is best when I am under pressure.”..Most of my better posts are written in the fifteen minutes I have before my next class period when it’s due..Sorry Mr. Oliver and Mr. Raghuraman, and any other teacher that have been subjected to my messy rushed handwriting (not that Mr. Raghuraman minds, I’m still failing his class. And his e-mail address is....just kidding)..Procrastination is character building..The rare few who can handle the pressure often have rushed lives, or many deadlines, whichever applies, but the point is that they can handle the pressure that procrastination gives and they come on top..My dad-mom are bankers and their superiors are often changing what they want them to do, but my parents can handle those people and their strict deadlines that are ludicrous because of the little time given..But because they procrastinated in high school, they knows what to do and how to control themselves in those situations..They haven’t thrown themselves off a cliff yet after about twenty five years of the strenuous work..Obviously that has to count for something..
Procrastination is like many other things..It has its good and bad points, just like eating..A person must eat to live, but it makes people gain weight and there is a surplus of obese people in our nation, yet it also saves many lives a day in countries like Ethiopia..Procrastination can make or break a person..One can either handle the pressure or the person breaks completely..I have put this post to the side for what seems like weeks, but it isn’t that bad at least I hope not..It’s just the people who break under the pressure that give procrastinators the bad façade..Take plumber for example..I’m not saying all plumbers have this problem, but mine sure does..My family calls and calls this man until he’s getting a phone call every hour and even then he waits weeks to fix our pump..He finally comes and “fixes” it and two weeks later it is broken yet again..Maybe this has become a business ploy, but that isn’t the point..This man procrastinates to the minute we are about to leave his business and then he comes and does poor work..This man gives all procrastinators a horrid reputation when in all reality procrastination, when handled by the right person is quality achieving and character building..When handled right, what is so wrong with this personality trait??What did procrastination ever do that did not occur without some assistance??I can’t procrastinate unless I want to..What happened to putting the blame where it belonged to??

Procrastination is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Jaishree Ram,
Prats..

6 comments:

  1. procrastinations is the rule of the day.. I'm PRO @ it! @ any RATE, i'll procrastiNATE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting post and views on procrastination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whoa..some thought you've given to this subject! Procrastination to me only means harmless laziness.Good bad I don't know. We all go through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Thought out topic !!
    really we engineers use procrastination to ward off exam fear !!!!

    We enjoy studying the night before the exams !!!

    last night study rules !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think procrastination is rather subjectively good or bad... making the most of it is also an art :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. procrastination meaning

    ReplyDelete